1976 Gulfstar 37
Yacht price :
This is your chance to get in a Classic Cruiser with room for personal modifications to make Ambrosia your own.
Ambrosia has a custom cabin featuring TONS of storage space in the cabin. Gulfstars are a highly sought after cruising vessel, only drawing less than 5' and more than enough room inside for a small family, cruising couple or singlehander. The past two owners have made many great liveaboard modifications making. Ambrosia is a seaworthy vessel ready to splash and go. With a roller furling setup, huge tankage capacity, and a brand new battery bank you could start a circumnavigation trip now with a sturdy Perkins diesel to back you up in a pinch!
- Deale, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 37 ft - 11.28 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 50 (Individual), 50 (combined)
- Max Speed:
Currently on the hard south of Annapolis, MD. All systems winterized. At yard where owners or non-yard contractors may perform work; electrical and water available at storage location. Yard will launch vessel at any time of year so long as the Bay is not frozen.
- Draft 4'9"; LWL 32'; LOD 37'; LOA 39'11" including bowsprit.
- Fin keel with skeg.
- Perkins 4-108 50hp diesel engine runs well and very responsive. Starter rebuilt Summer 2015.
- New battery bank installed Spring 2015 (4 golf carts for house bank, new dual purpose starter battery, new wiring from battery bank to charger and charge controller).
- New Teleflex black jacket morse cables (steering control cables) installed Spring 2015.
- Three-burner propane stove and oven (fully operational).
- Large icebox (reefer conversion needs serviced or replaced).
- New fresh water pump installed August 2016.
- Holding tank (vent hoses replaced Fall 2012); Raritan PH II manual head.
- 6 gal. water heater.
- Ground tackle consists of a large 20kg Bruce anchor (on roller at bowsprit) and one Danforth (mounted on bow railing).
- Autohelm. Roller furler. VHF in cockpit and one below at nav desk.
- New Beckson screens and gaskets installed in port lights Winter 2012.
- New running lights installed Spring 2015.
- Dodger and bimini frames.
- Sail inventory: main, jib with sunbrella edging for UV protection, storm trisail, anchor riding sail, drogue.
- Although reverse cycle HVAC removed by prior owners all duct spaces and vents in place for install of new system.
- USCG documented vessel.
Layout: Large V-berth stateroom forward, with drawers and large hanging locker. Pantry locker and storage bench just aft of stateroom to port, and head to starboard with old but working Raritan PHII toilet, sink, and shower. Fixed dinette with two seats amidships to port (cable is wired to adjacent shelves if you want TV) and settee amidships starboard. Settee pulls out to boat double (sleeps one large adult, a cozy couple, or two children). Large drop-down table great for laying out charts, playing boardgames, or tackling sewing projects. Nav station aft to starboard and galley aft to port.
General vessel specs available athttp://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=1952(note that this boat has a custom layout in main saloon)